Residential, Commercial and Builder Services
Foundation Repair Services, Inc. is North Carolina’s leading contractor for all foundation-related repairs and preventive maintenance. With more than 10 years of professional experience in the industry, our fully licensed contractors adhere to the strictest standards when resolving foundation problems resulting from slope erosion, geotechnical issues and water damage. We fully back the quality of our workmanship.
Why Is Foundation Failure So Common in Hickory, NC?
Like much of the American Southeast, North Carolina has benefited from centuries of productive agriculture. The downside of all this development is that when farmers cleared forests to plant crops, the deep root systems that once helped to stabilize topsoil have disappeared over the years, leading to erosion.
To further complicate matters, North Carolina’s state soil (Cecil) is a type of expansive red clay that rapidly contracts and expands during seasonal changes. In fact, this soil variety can expand or shrink by as much as 10 percent. Consequently, landslides, flash floods, soil erosion and other water-related problems have become more common, resulting in foundation damage for an increasing number of area homes and businesses.
Minor foundation issues can often lead to bigger problems down the road, including:
- Fractures throughout the property
- Buckling or crumbling walls
- Poorly fitting doors and windows
- Sagging roofs, floors and ceilings
As a property owner, your best defense against foundation damage is preventive maintenance, much of which you can do on your own. But if your property already exhibits the telltale signs of damage, you should contact our Hickory, NC foundation repair contractors immediately. Fixing foundation failure is not a DIY job!
Where We Work in the Hickory Area
With headquarters in Charlotte, we regularly send repair teams throughout the Hickory, Lenoir and Morganton metro area. Some of the communities we service are:
- Alexander County
- Burke County
- Caldwell County
- Catawba County
Is your county not on the list? No problem. Our service teams cover most of the Southeastern United States.
What We Do in Hickory, NC
We offer the entire range of foundation-related preventive maintenance and repairs for commercial and residential customers alike.
If you are a homeowner or builder in Hickory, NC, contract our expert services to address:
- Soil stabilization and erosion
- Irrigation and water drainage
- Fractured or leaning chimneys
- Buckling or cracked walls (both interior and exterior)
- All types of foundation failure
If you are a builder or a commercial property owner or manager, you benefit from all of the above. But you can also contract our services for help with:
- Screw anchors (a.k.a. helical anchors)
- Slope stabilization (anchored solider pile walls, shotcrete, rock drape and TECCO® mesh)
- Soil nailing
- Tieback systems (grouted, helical and driven)
- Carbon fiber reinforced concrete
- Grouting (permeation, pressure, chemical, compaction and fracture)
- Lagging walls and solider piles
- Minipiles and micropiles